Insider: The police are told to maximally obstruct journey to the Lavra
An employee of the Ministry of Internal Affairs at one of the checkpoints. Photo: konkurent.ua
Law enforcement officers who serve at checkpoints were instructed to make it hard for the UOC believers to come to the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra. This became known from the correspondence in a closed chat, which is published on social networks.
In particular, all buses that deliver UOC believers to the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra from the regions will be checked for theft, as well as the presence of explosive objects, ammunition and weapons.
The police were also ordered to check the parishioners of the Church themselves “on tablets in all bases and whether they have documents.”
“We need to carry out the work in such a way that they no longer have the desire to go to the Lavra! <...> Report all cases related to the displacement of believers immediately to this group,” the author of the message noted.
At the same time, law enforcement officers will also check buses with minor children: “A bus that transports exclusively young children, even if it goes on an excursion to the Lavra, should be checked superficially, without creating precedents and conflict situations.”
At the same time, Archbishop Iona (Cherepanov) of Obukhiv said that the SBU had already begun to block the departure of buses to the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra from the regions.
“In one of the Western Ukrainian cities, the SBU blocked the departure of pilgrims to the Lavra. The bus had already been hired but not allowed to go,” the hierarch wrote in a comment to the publication.
As the UOJ reported, Metropolitan Pavel urged the believers of the UOC to come to the Lavra in order to protect the monastery from seizure with the help of prayer.
The UOJ also wrote that the UOC is being expelled from the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra.
Read also
Orthodox Studies Institute (OSI) announces new course on history of the Antiochian Church
The program will run every Thursday at 12:00 p.m. Central Time from May 8–29, 2025.
Monks of Athos condemn desecration of relics in Kiev-Caves Lavra
Monks of Mount Athos have issued a strong statement condemning the recent "examination" of holy relics in the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra by Ukrainian authorities.
Union of Orthodox Journalists Launches Athonite Bureau
Union of Orthodox Journalists (UOJ) opens local office on Mount Athos
SBU Shuts Down Ukrainian Access to UOJ-America
The SBU finds Orthodox news in America and Bulgaria to be "dangerous" to Ukrainians.
Head of Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem (ROCOR) Condemns "examination" of Kiev-Caves Saint's Relics
Jerusalem—In an exclusive interview with UOJ-America, Archimandrite Roman (Krassovsky), head of the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia spoke bluntly about the actions and motivations of the Ukrainian Ministry of Culture
Our Lady of Pochaev Parish Celebrates First Liturgy at New Church
A Milestone of Faith and Perseverance in North Port, FL